Below is a nod to my favorite magazine, Vanity Fair, and the Proust Questionnaire that closes every issue.
What is your idea of perfect happiness?
- Mountains, water, and an amazing sunset in between.
What is your greatest fear?
- Being forgettable.
Which living person do you most admire?
- My 2 older brothers have always been my greatest heroes. One of my favorite childhood memories was going to bed and hearing them talking and bantering with each other while I drifted off to sleep.
Which living person do you most despise?
- Anyone blinded by their own arrogance.
What is your greatest extravagance?
- Anthropologie candles and Williams Sonoma Peppermint Hot Chocolate.
What do you consider to be the most overrated virtue?
- Touting piousness.
What do you dislike about your appearance?
- Not always looking as "put together" as I wish I could be, hmpf.
What quality do you most like in a man?
- Height... and humility.
What quality do you most like in a woman?
- Willingness to be authentic. I've been blessed to know some incredibly authentic women.
What words or phrases do you overuse?
- I'm hungry. I'm thirsty.
Who or what is the greatest love of your life?
- My very tall and humble husband, Ross.
When and where were you happiest?
- Living, working, and honeymooning in Colorado.
Which talent would you most like to have?
- To be an amazing (and published) photographer.
If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- To have a thicker skin.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- Knowing that I have not yet achieved my potential.
What is your most treasured possession?
- Without a doubt, our dog Bristol.
What do you value most in your friends?
- Their ability to love me for who I really am.
What do you regard as being the lowest depth of misery?
- The inability to experience life to the fullest. And cold water in the shower.
What is your favorite occupation?
- Losing myself in a photo shoot or losing track of time while editing and listening to music.
What is your most marked characteristic?
- My inclination to listen and observe. And my height (I'm 5' 11" barefoot).
Who are your favorite writers?
- Willa Cather, Robert Frost, CS Lewis, Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
The Black Stallion and Black Beauty. I was quite in love with horses growing up and those books/movies captivated me in an unforgettable way. Horses will always uniquely captivate me with their beauty.
Who are your heroes in real life?
- Those who are selfless enough to give their lives away for what they truly believe in.
What is your greatest regret?
- Not figuring out my passion for photography, and believing that I could pursue it professionally much sooner.
What is your motto?
- What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.